re: 1280/MIS CFS trouble

I had a similar problem as you are experiencing.  I solved my air leaks with super-glue and a generous amount of hot glue also.  You can tell if your ink keeps retreating back to individual bottles you still have a leak.  Some inks will more more than others, but it seems normal.

As for the color.  I had two bottles from MIS that were mis-labeled.  I would print a purge 6 tif on heavy weight matte paper using 1440 Heavy Weight matte as the media, high speed off, etc..  Mail me that print and I will compare it against one I have with both OEM ink and MIS inks.  I can tell you if your ink color is off enough to be your problem.

It took me 7 weeks to fix my issues.  Will see if we can fix yours in a couple of days.

alan