Re: Problems profiling 6 colour printers? (WAS: A new myth > Rant)

<x-flowed>At 7:23 PM +0100 8/4/01, Alan Rew wrote:
>On Fri, 3 Aug 2001 14:35:56 -0700,
>Steve Upton <upton@chromix.com>, wrote:
>
><big snip>
>>  I described it a while back in relation to an octopus marionette.
><snip>
>>  Strange, late-night ramblings I know but I hope I shed a little light
>on it.
>
>Thanks for this clear explanation Steve: your 'ramblings' are very
>welcome. Your post gives a useful insight into how profiles, and the
>software that builds and utilises them, actually work.

You are welcome, this stuff can be fairly opaque.

>Could you recommend a book or web reference on profile internals? The
>standard ICC web site stuff is too dry and formal for me: what I'd like
>to see is something along the lines of what you've written, with some
>diagrams to help visualise these 3D tables and what's in them.

I am afraid that there is little to go by. A lot of it came as a
result of spending months inside the ICC spec. But as you have seen,
there is a lot of reading between the lines that needs to be done...

>BTW I'm looking forward to ChroMix releasing the Windows version of the
>ColorThink tools, so I can see inside profiles for myself and make more
>sense of all this stuff...

We are looking forward to it too. I am doing my best to not tease
people on this. Rest assured it is being worked on...

Regards,

Steve

  Steve Upton
      upton@chromix.com

             CHROMiX / Profile Central

       www.chromix.com   www.profilecentral.com
          p:206-985-6837   f:206.526.8278
      9594 1st Ave NE #390 Seattle, WA 98115

  Color Store...Remote Profiling...Media Management

-

</x-flowed>