Re: Paper info for the FAQ GET OFF YOUR DUFFS!

At 09:45 AM 29/07/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>WE all want more details on what Inks work with which papers, but extremely
>few of you actually report back your results.

Ok Ok!

I'm using Generations4 and printing mostly on Media Street's Aspen double
sided matt profiled using WiziWYG.  The results satisfy me.  This paper
isn't claimed to be archival, but I have a piece enduring an extended
torture test on the south facing kitchen window sill.  It even took a dip
in the dish water once.  The Gen2/3 Ink has lost most of it yellow after 18
months but the beta black and other colours are still pretty good and the
paper looks fine.

I have ordered a few hundred sheets of lighter single sided Aspen as it is
on sale at present.  Hope it prints the same.  It will replace the
Weyerhaeuser Satin which I have been using for lower quality photo
production.  The Satin is archival and prints well but with less brilliance
than the Aspen.

Still would like to find a Gloss or semi gloss that works well with
Generations.

Powell Hargrave           Nanaimo  B.C.  Canada
Digital Photo Page   http://members.home.net/hargravep

-