Re: CIS Report / Query

At 09:20 AM 7/15/01 -0500, Jerry Olson wrote:

>Rafe, I've never experienced any problems with any inks like you describe.
>If you have banding, it is the printer that is at fault, not the inks. I've
>used 6 different inksets, no problems. I HAVE had several printer problems,
>and when I got new printers, the problems disappeared.

Then how to explain that the printer is fat and happy
again, now that it's using (clone) OEM ink carts?  I'm
telling you, with the CIS and all those *&^%$+ inks gone,
this old printer is good as new.  Blame it on the pizza-
wheel removal?  Anyone buy that theory?

>I find the gamut of Generations 98 % equal to Epson's on Epson archival
>paper. I never use glossy papers, so can't comment there.

Well, that's the crux of the matter -- glossy vs. matte
paper surfaces.  Dave King in a recent post made me aware
of another factor here -- the print size.  Ie., pigment
inks on matte papers look better when printed BIG and
viewed from any reasonable distance.

As you know, most of my print output is quite a bit
smaller; 90% of what I sell are 5x8" prints, in 8x10"
mats.  8x10" prints (in 11x14" mats) make up most of
the rest.  Once or twice a year I sell a handful of
prints bigger than that.

rafe b.

-