Re: which printer?

Good question.  Although the 1270 and 2000P certainly look similar it's
hard to justify the price difference on just the ink cartridges.  Its also
hard to see how there would be much difference in the firmware/driver.  I
imagine the profiles could be very different but the masic driver software
seems like it ought to be the same or at least very similar.  One very
small sample of data is that I've seen B&W prints using just the black ink
from both the 1270 and 2000P.  I've got the 1270 and a friend has the 2000P.
Anyway I thought his 2000P black only prints were quite a bit more
acceptable than my 1270 black only prints.  This was mainly an issue of the
dot visibility.  They both had visible dots but the 2000P seemed less
obvious.  So better quality heads would explain it.

I'd like to know if these difference carry over to the 7000 series.  The
7500 is quite a bit more expensive than the 7000, but I haven't seen any
stated differences except the inks.  However the ink prices don't seem to
account for the printer price differences.  So what gives??

Roy

--
Roy Harrington
roy@harrington.com

[Photo]     [Yosemite News]    [Yosemite Photos]    [Scanner]     [Gimp]     [Gimp] Users     [Yosemite News]