Re: Profiling Canvas

In a message dated 5/12/01 7:22:52 PM, metphoto@pacbell.net writes:

>I'm trying to profile a canvas substrate that's giving Profiler RGB fits.
>
>Portraits printed with this canvas result in wild colors.  My take is the
>
>texture in the canvas has thrown off the profiling function.  I tried
>
>blurring the calibration chart which resulted in some improvement.  The
>skin
>
>tones came out great (as opposed to yellow/green on an unblurred calibration
>
>chart) but the hair and background, both dark, are way off.
>

>Anyone found a way around this?

Try printing the target as large as your printer and scanner will allow, and
see if this increased patch size (plus your blurring if needed still) will
overcome the extreme texture.

C. David Tobie
Design Cooperative
CDTobie@designcoop.com

[Photo]     [Yosemite News]    [Yosemite Photos]    [Scanner]     [Gimp]     [Gimp] Users     [Yosemite News]