Re: Re: Pinacle Gold Inks

At 09:27 AM 5/12/01 -0400, Dave King wrote:

>I'm fairly new to using an 1160, but in a recent switch of inks on it
>(WeInk 900 to MIS "1270") I noticed for the first time that the Photo
>Paper media setting is the *only* one that doesn't band and also has a
>useable tone ramp for making custom profiles from.  The micro banding
>I was getting, particularly in 3/4 tones, is a thing of the past.

FWIW -- when I use(d) Epson OEM inks, the "Photo" paper
setting was the only one I ever used.

I first discovered (with the Xg variants) that the "Inkjet
Backlit Film" setting was able to cure some strange tonal
reversals in the very darkest tones.  This applies to the
Pinnacle Gold inks also.

Perhaps I should run through the "spectrum" of other printer
paper-type settings to see how they fare.

rafe b.

-