Re: Bronzing - the cause?

At 05:34 PM 5/10/01 -0700, Richard Cooke wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>I'm using Epson's standard inks in a 1270 on Ilford semi-matte and I am
>getting some pretty good bronzing in the blacks (very dark portion of
>the image).  What causes this?  I'm printing at 1440dpi, back lit paper
>setting, CMY sliders to -10.  If it matters i'm also using WIN98SE,
>PS5.5 and using the canned Epson profiles.

This was characteristic of the Ilford papers,
at least the Ilford glossy, when they were first
introduced.  It had been commented on many times, and
I noticed it myself.  Though I thought the problem had
gone away at some point with a re-formulation of the
Ilford papers.

If you're presently using "Photo" paper setting, try
using "Inkjet BackLight Film" setting.  This has
worked for me in several similar situations.

rafe b.

[Photo]     [Yosemite News]    [Yosemite Photos]    [Scanner]     [Gimp]     [Gimp] Users     [Yosemite News]