Re: back-up power supply: not much OT

<x-flowed>David is right judging from a search I recently made. Apparently only
Clary has one which is converting all of the presumably increasingly
"dirty" power to a pure sine wave, and it's well over a thousand
dollars, so I haven't consumed it. But I worry whether all of the
many relatively small anomalies in the power might not do more
damage, especially when scanning, than the unexpected shutdowns. So I
sit here in the Northern California dark and brood about this during
what I like to think of as the Gray Davis Memorial Minutes.

Sam

>So far as I know, nobody makes a consumer UPS that's "continuous"
>rather than "backup" any more.  They do all have spike filtering, though.
>--
>David Dyer-Bennet      /      Welcome to the future!      /      dd-b@dd-b.net
>SF: http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/          Minicon: http://www.mnstf.org/minicon/
>Photos: http://dd-b.lighthunters.net/

</x-flowed>

[Photo]     [Yosemite News]    [Yosemite Photos]    [Scanner]     [Gimp]     [Gimp] Users     [Yosemite News]