Re: 3rd gen PGPP - uh oh!

--- "Beverly A. Sampson" <sampsonone@home.com> wrote:
> I really do not like Epson's warranty policy.
> Machine is under warranty for
> 1 year, yet if a replacement is required after the
> first 30 days, they send
> you a refurb.  I have experienced this warranty
> problem after my 1270 was
> only two months old.  They sent a refurb.  When I
> reminded them of their
> 100% refund policy up to one year on a 1270 for
> color shift problems, they
> reluctantly agreed to send me a new machine.  This
> is my second Epson
> printer purchase.  Why would anyone want a
> refurbished replacement for a
> new, two month old return?

Actually, the refurb may be even newer than yours (or
it may not be).  But let me turn the question
around--Why would you expect a brand new printer in
exchange for one that's been used--maybe for thousands
of prints?  If your car needs warranty service, does
the dealer give you a new car?  Not likely.

More to the point though, is that FACTORY refurb
shouldn't have a negative conotation.  These are
generally products that have been returned under
warranty.  They are repaird, and INDIVIDUALLY, 100%
tested, which is not true of brand new units.

A reputable manufacturer (and I think Epson
qualifies), restores their refurbs to like new
condition, replacing any parts necessary to reach that
condition.  In some respects they may be better than
new.

(Note that none of the above applies to many of the
3rd party vendors of refurb products, who's refurb
treatment may be little more than cosmetic.)

=====
Bob Meyer
See my newly revised paper test web site:

http://www.meyerweb.net/epson

-