Re: Murray Zaharia: Incorrectly -printing- the Profiler RGB chartat 300 dpi!

Murray Zaharia wrpte"

> > > You want to PRINT the chart at the -same- DPI (and with all the other
> > settings)
> > > that you would use when you make actual prints through the profile you
> > create.
>
>This is interesting as I have not seen it mentioned before. I don't recall
>David Miller mentioning this or seeing it in the documentation. Is anyone
>making profiles and printing the chart at the same dpi as the final print
>besides the 300 dpi in the documentation? I have always just used 300 dpi as
>the manual says, no matter what dpi that I am using which can very from 240
>up to 480 and everything in between. For those doing so is there a
>discernable difference in profiles using higher dpi's for the print chart
>and images?  Will there be a difference between 240 to 300 to 360 dpi? Seems
>silly to have to make a different profile for different dpi settings on your
>final image. I already have enough profiles!  David??
>
>MZ

Murray,

The documentation says to SCAN the print of the chart at 300 dpi. It has NEVER
said to PRINT the chart at 300 dpi, and the documentation has always said
to print the target using the same settings you'd use when you print through
the profile that you're making!

If anyone is printing the targets at 300 dpi, the results are going to
be wrong, wrong, wrong if you subsequently use the profile and print at 1440
dpi!!!!!

Has anyone else done it this way???

Regards,

David Miller