re: Re: the 3000 and archival pigmented inks

Judy,

This is the time factor estimated until color shifting takes place.  Usually the magenta is the first color to go.  These estimates must be taken with a 'grain of salt' because they're obtained under artificial conditions.  We've been through this over and over here and many have come to a common sense position.  If you're using good archival inks on acid free paper and you have tested your images for a reasonable period of time without seeing any fading, there's a good chance you'll be sending images out into the world with a reasonable chance to live at least as long as a conventional photo.  No guarantees, though.  Only 'real' time will tell.

Michael

> ** Original Message follows...

> On Mon, 29 Jan 2001 Sdmey4@aol.com wrote:
> > MIS has been making Archival pigments for the Epson 3000 for some time. They
> > are rated at 49 years from RIT.
> > http://missupply.com   I believe.
>
> I'm wondering if anyone can elaborate a bit on the meaning of, for
> instance, "49 years."  Is that time until shift or fade is perceptible, or
> close to destruction, or ....?
>
> Judy

> Judy Seigel, Editor
> World Journal of Post-Factory Photography ===== "HOW-TO and WHY"
> <http://rmp.opusis.com/postfactory/postfactory.html>

                   M e t r o   P  h  o  t  o  g  r  a  p  h  i  c
                     Specializing in Portrait Design and
                        Digital Photo Restoration

-