Re: 3rd gen PGPP - uh oh!

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Thanks to all for input relative to my printing problems with 1270.  I
finally got so frustrated that I called Epson, and the technician took me
through her recommended settings.  The resulting image was horrible.  I
explained that I thought this printer was someone else's reject because it
was obviously not a new one (plastic protector on cover gone; scratches
present), so she finally agreed to send me a replacement.  Putting off
further tests until then.  Most of my trials have been with Profiler RGB
profiles, and what I did learn is that the scanner settings for the
Calibration Chart are extremely important, enough to remove some distorted
ink deposits in selected areas of the images.  I posted another message
regarding my disagreement with the scanner Twain settings suggested by David
Miller in his recent document for Profiler RGB 2.07.
Donald

-

</x-charset>