re: Unusual printer troubles

<x-charset iso-8859-1>If all the usuall don't fix it, maybe a quick cure of a strip of removable scotch tape would be  in order, other thing I would try to do is look into the printer whilst it is printing to see if the black strip exists just before the printhead passes over it and right after it has passed over.  Turning off Hi-speed may help the diagnosis.

alan

  >>  It looks like you covered up the image
  >>  itself with a thin piece of cardboard, and then sprayed around the edges
  >>   with black
  >>  ink. It's not an even spay, but hit and miss. It ruins the print, as the
  >>   customer wants
  >>  a one inch border on the print itself, so I can't matte it.

</x-charset>