Re: Monitor woes

<x-flowed>
>From: "Asa Somers" <asasomers@mindspring.com>
>
>just for us newbies...what IS a colour cast?

Asa

The "colour cast" I was getting on my first monitor was a small dark green
triangle, very transluscent and almost unnoticable, in the bottom right
corner of the tube.  It didn't appear at first.  Only after the monitor had
warmed up.  If you're a newbie, you may not be aware that it is a good idea
to let the monitor warm up for at least half an hour before commencing any
imaging work on it.  You'll find that brightness, contrast and colour
saturation are different from immediate power up state.  Similarly, never
calibrate a monitor immediately after switching it on.

K2