OT: Monitor woes

<x-flowed>Apologies for this OT question.  I cannot find a digital imaging forum on
the net to ask.

I've been struggling with several Samsung 900NFs and wondered if others on
the list - especially UK based members - have had similar problems.

My first 900NF had a colour cast.  When I opened the box of the replacement,
I noted that the casing around the CRT was damaged in shipping.  The third
one also had a colour cast.  The fourth and current one is fine for colour
but has slight distortion which I cannot fix with any of the monitor
controls.  Luckily, I have a dealer with excellent customer service who has
been very patient with me so far.  Unfortunately, the dealer doesn't know
much about high-end graphics hardware so I can't solicit recommendations.

Before giving up on Samsung, I'd like to find out whether my experience is
normal for 19" monitors.  The only viable alternative within the similar
price range seems to be the Mitsubishi Diamondtron 19" pro (currently
sporting a Diamondpro 920 badge here in the UK).  Has anyone experienced any
similar teething problems with Mits?  Can any UK list members recommend any
dealers with good customer service?  Unfortunately, my dealer doesn't stock
Mits.  And from what I've read on the list in the past, it seems like I
should steer clear of Sonys and Viewsonics.

K2