Re: Premium Glossy on 1270

--- Donald A Schiemann <DSCHIEMANN@prodigy.net> wrote:
> Just received first supply of Epson Premium Glossy
> ("Manufactured December
> 2000"), and I am getting horrible prints.  Certain
> colors like
> yellowish-green and rusty-reds, in specific areas of
> the image, are laying
> down very heavy.  Same problem was experienced with
> greens on Ilford papers
> that I never resolved.  Bob Meyer says there appears
> to be differences in
> printers of same model, and I am about ready to
> chuck this one.  Before
> doing that, would anyone getting good prints with
> this combination please
> tell me what settings they are using?  I have tried
> printer controls and
> profiles created with Profiler RGB with no success.
> Thanks
> Donald

Have you tried using the standard Epson driver
settings for PGPP, instead of a custom profile?  Right
now I'd suspect the profile is the problem.  I've
printed my test image (which includes the photodisc
target, and got results that seem essentially the same
as gen 1 PGPP.

=====
Bob Meyer
See my newly revised paper test web site:

http://www.meyerweb.net/epson