Re: Cart Modification Idea

At 10:21 PM 24/01/2001 -0500, James E. Martz wrote:
>Correction -- Since the sponge retains ink, you would gain not only the
>volume of the sponge material that is removed, but also the volume of the
>ink that the removed sponge would be retaining.

This has been tried before, as an aid in more easily producing air bubble
free refills.  As I recall one person reported good results and several
other had the ink run out through the nozzles - not good.

Why not just get a CIS.  If the cost is a problem the necessary parts are
now available from MIS and depending on what you have available a working
Continuous Ink System can be put together for very few dollars.  I think
experimenting in this direction would be more productive than reducing foam
in cartridges.

I still have a refill method on my wed site for non CIS'ers.

Powell Hargrave           Nanaimo  B.C.  Canada
Digital Photo Page   http://members.home.net/hargravep

-