I need paper!

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Okay, I recently jumped into the b+w fray and purchasing an1160 w/ CIS and a
set of MIS quads. I've tried the Roark transfer function, the Nevin transfer
function, and the Brandin RGB curves, all with a variety of papers.

For workflow, I have currently settled on the Brandin curves. When printing
the piezo test chart, the Brandin curves seem to exhibit a smoother
transition from 0-10%. Fewer dots than either of the transfer functions in
the lightest areas. For me, all three seem to perform about the same in the
mid tones and quarter tones. It seems the Brandin curve is a little (LITTLE)
better from 70%-90%. None of the workflows gave me seperation from 92%-100.
All my initial tests were done on EAM.

After selecting the Brandin workflow, I started looking for another paper.
EAM just didn't give a deep enough black. I've tried PGPP, HWM, Konica QP,
Pictorico PG, Lumijet Glossy RC, and Lumijet Pearl RC. Out of all those,
Lumijet Pearl RC was by far the best. Nice, neutral blacks that are much
deeper than I can get on EAM. The image appears crisper and more contrasty.
It helps that its a much brighter paper. Anyway, I LOVE this combination.

But there's a slight problem..the oh so deep blacks are oh so...WET. I could
swim in the amount of ink sitting on top of the print! Test prints that have
a lot of black in them have been tacky for 3-4 days after printing. Help!
What can I do?

Thanks for listening,
Craig Crutcher.

-