Cart Modification Idea

This afternoon I used my handy dandy Dermel Moto Tool to shear off the tops of a set of 1160 Epson used carts.  I took out the sponges (which still had plenty of ink in them), cleaned them as well as the plastic housings.  While observing the carts' construction I had the idea it might be possible to reduce the sponge size which would allow more ink in the cart.  The obvious benefit would be increased prints/cart and less time refilling.  Of course, rather than try my theory in practice I proffer the question to the list: would this work or would the extra ink change the balance of pressures within the cart and defeat the purpose?

Michael Plack
Always excited by the prospect of creating a home made solution.....

                   M e t r o   P  h  o  t  o  g  r  a  p  h  i  c
                     Specializing in Portrait Design and
                        Digital Photo Restoration

-