Jery Olson -- Dedicated B&W printer

<x-charset iso-8859-1>Jerry,

I was of the understanding that Cone's Piezo system was a turn-key product:
new printer driver, printer profiles for all the better known papers, and an
initial supply of ink.

But your response to Len (see below) seems to indicate that IN ADDITION to
purchasing the Cone system, one ALSO needs

1.)  The Continuous Inking System from http://www.nomorecarts.com and

2.)  The Somerset profile.

What are the facts?

Separately, but closely related, is a fundamental question which I've never
understood.  Because I'm thinking of adding a dedicated B&W printer, the
issue bears immediate attention.  Specifically, the Epson print driver is
designed to deliver black and three colors of ink.  If one is NOT using the
Cone Piezo system and its proprietary printer driver for B&W, which replaces
the Epson print driver, but instead is using one of the "regular" B&W,
four-color  inksets, how can the Epson print driver know which and how much
of the gray inks in the (otherwise) three-color cartridge to deliver to the
paper?

My only guess is that this has something to do with the "Nevins" and "Roark"
curves discussed on this site.

Thank you.