Re: Inkjet Fading in Forbes Magazine

I respect what you do and what your requirements are. By know means did I ever
write or suggest that they were not legitimate. What wrote and continue to
write is that it is wrong for people to cast wide nets and make absolute
statements about product viability when they are making these dceclarations
based on there use IN THEIR APPLICATION. People have different applications and
expectations. What's perfectly acceptable to me may be unacceptable to you. And
we'd both be right.

--- PhotoRoy6@aol.com wrote:
> But it is what I do. And people buy my stuff because of the vivid color. It
> would be nice to have a product that will last for 200 years but for now I
> guess it just 25years for HWM and 10 years for under glass PGPP on the Epson
> 1270.
>

> In a message dated 1/14/01 4:54:18 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> mgreer316@yahoo.com writes:
>
> << But if you don't do what you described, it's not an issue is it? That's my
>
> one
>  of my main beefs with a lot of what gets posted in all forums, not just this
>  one. My statements about the 2000P were about my experiences in my
>  applications. For those that have found problems in applications they wish
>  use the 2000P for, then obviously it's a problem for them. But their
> problems
>  don't point to universal problems. Also, "serious/unaccepted" issues are
>  subjective. In many/most cases I've found that either people's
>  standards/expectations tend to be way higher than mine, they don't know what
>  they're doing, they have defective products, or they just like to conmplain.
>

>  --- PhotoRoy6@aol.com wrote:
>  > If you sell a print to a customer at a street fair in daylight and he/she
>  > takes it home and it changes colors on him/her  under tungsten display
> he/she
>  >
>  >  is not going to be happy and your reputation will sufffer.
>  >
>  > In a message dated 1/13/01 12:54:29 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>  > jerryolson@rrv.net writes:
>  >
>  > << > There the green problem is quite severe in
>  >  > > the form of metamerism. - available from day one.
>  >  >
>  >  > Well, I haven't witnessed it. I think the 2000P is great and have
> produced
>  >  > stunning results with it. To each his own. >>
>  > - >>
> -

=====
Visit my digital photography web site along with a lot of other interesting stuff at http://greer.simplenet.com. Also, Greer and Associates (http://www.greeraa.com) offers studio photography, digital imaging services, web site design/construction, and training.

Mike Greer