Arnold's Paper Questions

<Message: 10
<Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 11:21:22 EST
<From: Arnigassan@aol.com
<Subject: papers, and advice, pleaase?

<Hi!

<I've been more-or-less out of circulation and my circulation will probably
<be curtailed more by incipient medical problems. Not whining, just noting
<and being concerned.

<The point is that I am thinking of assembling two- or three-copies of the
<images I have been reworking and "archiving" into 11x14 inch sheets
<which can be bound into a record volume (more or less like a medieval
<manuscript, if that doesn't sound too pompous).

<I'd print them on 1160 and find someplace in Boston (probably) to sew
<and assemble a couple of volumes of 150-200 plates...

I've often felt compelled to mention this and perhaps now is the time.  For
those of you on the list who don't recognize Arnold Gassan's name, you
might be interested to know that this is the photographer widely credited
with refining Ansel Adam's zone system into it's modern practice.  His
posts are always so modest that some on the list may not realize the
talent, skill and experience this man has.  He's an important contributor
to the development of photography as we know it now.  As his time and
health allows, I think we should listen carefully to the advice he gives on
this list knowing that it comes from a decades-long immersion in the
teaching and practice of photography as an art form.

Something in me just thought this should be said.

Sean Reid
http://www.motorcycletours.com/northeastern/photographer.htm
-