OT: Windows 2K and Adaptec

<x-charset Windows-1252>Since we recently were discussing CD creation on this list, and it has a
wide range of users, I thought I'd indulge myself this question.

A friend has told me that Windows 2000 Professional (not ME) is incompatible
with Adaptec stuff. Since installing, she has lost her scanners and CD
writer. She's a professional computer geek<g>, so I don't _expect_
user-error, but that's always possible. Anyone else on the list using Win2K
and Adaptec h/w-s/w with problems, or no problems? Or fixes?

</x-charset>