RE: Re:DigiCam file vs 35mm scan

<x-charset iso-8859-1>> Yet in hundreds of other postings over the last year, we are advised of
the
> horrible dangers of up-sampling our images, either in the scanner or in
> Photoshop.

It's only the color information that is in question here, not the detail
information.  Color info is far far less critical.  Whether the color
information is interpolated or not, is camera dependant.  It may just use
all four color values for that one group of four pixels...

I'd say if you have no need to go above 8x10, the current crop of 6M cameras
is pretty good, and I am impressed with them.  I have not seen what they can
do with B&W, but my guess is the results won't be near as good as you can do
with film.

-

</x-charset>