Re: digital camera E10 Olympus

--- Jerry Olson <jerryolson@rrv.net> wrote:
> Thanks Larry, makes sense. When the price of the large memory cards come
> down, and they will,

I hope you're right. But they've been stable for a few years. I see no downward
trend with these things. Curiously, you actually pay a $$/MB penalty when
buying larger cards (2 32MB cards vs. 1 64MB card for instance).

> I'll get a couple of those.
>
> Jerry
>

> Larry Mart wrote:
>
> > Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 18:33:47 -0600
> > From: Jerry Olson <jerryolson@rrv.net>
> > Subject: digital camera E10 Olympus
> >
> > Jerry,
> >
> > I don't own the E10, but from what I know about the Microdrive the
> > manufacturers don't recommend it because of the high excess power
> > consumption, which skews their battery life claims, and possibly excess
> > heat generated by the drive.
> >
> > Larry

> > I couldn't get mine locally, so I ordered one at B&H. It will be here
> > Friday. I
> > asked the salesman who seemed very knowledgeable about this camera about
> > the IBM
> > microdrive. He said it positively can be used with the E10 camera. Says
> > a lot of
> > people are using it successfully in that camera.
> >
> > Olympus doesn't recommend it, but of course doesn't say why.
> >
> > The question. Is anybody using this drive with this camera successfully?
> >
> > Can you think of any reason why, if it works, and lots of people are
> > using it,
> > that olympus doesn't recommend it? >>
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Jerry
> > -
> > Turn off HTML mail features. Keep quoted material short. Use accurate
> > subject lines. http://www.leben.com/lists for list instructions.
>
> -

=====
Visit my digital photography web site along with a lot of other interesting stuff at http://greer.simplenet.com. Also, Greer and Associates (http://www.greeraa.com) offers studio photography, digital imaging services, web site design/construction, and training.

Mike Greer