Re: HWM vs. AM surface

<x-charset iso-8859-1>  In my own tests of HWM and AM paper on an 1160 with generations 4 inkset,
I found that they require different profiles.  It is not a huge difference
but one that certainly would be required to get comparable prints.  I did
not test the 1270 with both papers before I sent it back, however, the fact
that the 1270 is not listed as recommended for the AM paper may indicate a
profile difference.  I suspect that the papers may have different coatings
to work optimally with either pigmented ink or dye based ink.

Barry Stein

</x-charset>