Subject: HWM vs. AM surface

<x-charset iso-8859-1>I have been using the HWM first with my 1270 and now with my 1160 and
generations 4 ink set.  It has been one of my favorite papers.  After trying
the epson archival matte paper, I decided to switch to it.  The texture is
the same as the HWM with a slightly thicker feel to it.  However, there must
also be differences in the coating or base as I had to adjust my old profile
for HWM and generations 4.  The AM paper seems to provide more saturated
colors than the HWM.  Perhaps epson designed the coating to accept larger
ink particles.  Whatever the difference is, I really like the prints I am
getting with generations 4 on it.

Barry

</x-charset>