Re: Inks for 3000

<x-flowed>>I don't know where you're from Dave, but have you experience with desert air?
>I'm still betting on humidity as the culprit.

Let me jump in and blow the dust around a bit. I received my 3000
while in a residency in Taos (NM). Maybe even LESS humidity than
Albuquerque, being at a higher elevation. I installed the OEM carts
and everything printed beautifully, just not in cyan. I phoned Epson
at 4pm on a Friday, a tired tech said "send it back, we'll have a new
one on its way on Monday." I tried reinstalling the printer drivers,
all was well-- some kind of sw glitch or install error the first
time. I accepted the exchange, kept the by then partly-used carts
from printer #1. Installed them in printer #2, saving the new carts
that came with it for later. All was well.

I'm suspicious of the humidity angle. I've sent the second printer
back to Epson for warranty service, over a year after I received it,
and had to send it back to them a SECOND time on that call due to
some further glitch (all shipping paid by Epson, BTW) and when it
came back, installed carts, primed, all was well. In that
two-round-trip journey from St. Paul to Indianapolis to St. Paul to
Indianapolis to Palo Alto to Indianapolis-- and YET AGAIN from Palo
Alto to Indianapolis to Palo Alto the printer travelled in the
low-pressure-low-humidity cargo bay of FedEx airplanes quite a few
times, as well as sitting around for a total of several weeks, all
with no carts in the slots. Needles dry out? If they could have they
should have, no?

It must be something else. If you are still under warranty, call
Epson. It's their baby. Unless life IS perfect with the OEM carts and
you can only reproduce the problem with third party inks and so forth.

Bob Tyson

</x-flowed>