Re: Classic Velour Problem & any alternatives??

<x-charset iso-8859-1>It's not the inks, it's the surface.  All of these papers are made by
Hahnemuhlle, and rebranded.  They all have the problem.  They can't
withstand any abrasion at all.  As long as you use interleaving tissue
(acetate is probably better than paper here) it should protect the
surface.  Certain sprays are also said to work, but I personally
wouldn't want to use sprays myself because they tend to be pretty
toxic.

Dave

> Craig, I've been using the Classic Velour with Luminos Silver inks
for over
> a year on a 3000 and have had very few problems. I've purchased the
paper on
> 3-4 occasions from inkjetmall.com each time, and I assume their
inventory
> turns over often enough that I've received paper from different
batches.

> Could it be that the Epson inks are a factor?
>
> Tom Keesling

> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm still having lot's of trouble with Luminous Classic Velour
paper after
> > make a print with my Epson 1200 using Epson ink.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Craig Maxwell

-

</x-charset>