HWM vs. AM surface

<x-charset iso-8859-1>I am wondering how the surface of the new Archival Matte compares to the
older Heavyweight Matte?  I have only used HWM, and the surface is very
flat.  In comparison the surface of a traditional photo lab print ordered
with "matte finish" has some gloss to it, while the HWM has essentially
none.  Is the AM the same as the HWM with respect to surface texture/gloss?
I know that it is a heavier stock.

</x-charset>