Re: Help! my weasel trashed my 760/repair question

<x-flowed>Tina Martin typed the following on 22:01 00-10-26 -0400...
>Alas! My ferret got into my 760 printer which I use for quadtone printing.
>She managed to extract a long, thin, flexible, smoked grey strip of
>plastic. It is about 14.5 inches long, 1/4 inch wide and about the
>thickness of epson cardstock paper.

That is the carriage scale. It is mounted at the back of the carriage
assembly and also threaded through a slot.

>with a slot beside it, similar to the one on the other end. One corner of
>this end of the strip is clipped off.

The part must be replaced.

Eddie
      __
2B + 2B = ?  Forget world peace. Visualize using your turn signal.

-

</x-flowed>