RE: 1200 or 1160

<x-charset iso-8859-1>It depends if you are going to use Epson OEM inks and cartridges and paper.
The 1200 carts are quite a bit bigger, and probably give you more ink for
your buck. Also photo output with OEM ink would also go to the 1200, by a
hair. The 1160 puts down smaller dots & reproduces smaller details.

However, it is entirely different if you want to add a CIS and 3rd party
inks. I own both printers, with CIS, Generations w/ Beta Black, Matchlock
Profiler RGB, and PhotoCal 2.1.1. The 1160 is easier to profile, and works
with many papers. The 1200 just lays down too much ink, and works with just
a handful of papers. Photo output with this setup is just outstanding with
the 1160. The 1200 is also impressive with the right paper, such as
MediaStreet's Glacier.

Add to this the lower startup costs with the 1160 (cheaper printer & just 4
inks), the 1160's quieter operation & better paper handling... I bought my
1160 from refurbdepot.com, about $210-215 delivered. No problems at all with
the refurb.

All of the above is just my 2 cents. Take it for what it's worth.
-BK

</x-charset>