Epson 7000 or 7500 which RIP and do I really need one?

My company is considering the purchase of an Epson 7000 or 7500 and we were
wondering if the rip that comes with it was worth purchasing or if we should
consider other RIP options. Or if we even NEED a RIP. We will be using this
as a proofing device and for creating corporate trade show banners etc...

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.
--
Greg Thibodeaux
Rebels & Nickels, Inc.