RE: Comment on : RE: Lincoln Inks Spectratone quadtone inks

<x-flowed>

>From: "Michael Keller" <m.w.keller@verizon.net>
>To: <epson-inkjet@leben.com>
>Subject: RE: Comment on : RE: Lincoln Inks Spectratone quadtone inks
>Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 23:03:40 -0400
>
>Adams went through a number of phases and tried all kinds of things. I've
>seen Adams landscapes printed on warm tone _textured_ paper (not just air
>dried glossy, a real tooth in the surface).

  Hi,  I'm basically a lurker here.
Ansel, when I met him was using an air dried semi mat type Kodak
double weight paper.  Yes he did do some commercial work,  Not very well,
To keep him afloat Kodak gave him all his film and paper for
free.  He was your basic artist and very poor business man. I didn't know
him well, I just worked for him for a couple of weeks during summer vacation
from Brooks.  Back then
he utilized free labor from a lot Brooks students.  Bob Weerie,
still a friend of mine did his printing for several years, and
still has prodoces his own images that have the same flavor.  I can't
ask Bob any Questions now because he has a teaching post in photography
at some university in North Africa.   I see him about every other
year when he comes home to Santa Barbara, ca.
Robert H.
Bobby Gray