Re: epson 3000 and Wiziwyg question

In a message dated 10/13/00 5:56:19 PM, kenalley@hotmail.com writes:

>I'm creating profiles for my epson 3000 using wiziwyg. I go through all
>of
>the steps, and wiziwyg creates the profile, but when I go to print, the
>
>epson print dialogue box pull down menu for "color space" where I would
>
>expect to find the colorsync profile that I've just created doesn't show
>up
>on the list?
>
>The new profile is in the colorsync profiles folder in the system folder,
>so
>I know that it exists. Is there something that I need to do to update the
>
>printer dialogue box, or have I missed a step in photoshop?

Photoshop 5.x generates its profile list on opening, so you must restart the
program to see a newly created profile. Photoshop 6 fixes this. Other
possible issues are that you are looking in the wrong section of the list, or
that you have created a CMYK profile and are attempting to apply it to an RGB
printer that only lists RGB profiles.

C. David Tobie
Design Cooperative
CDTobie@designcoop.com