Re: Byte magazine article on orange shift OLD DYE SET?

--- William Boyle <wmboyle@iwinet.com> wrote:
> Jdnobil@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > In a message dated 10/2/00 5:06:30 AM Eastern
> Daylight Time,
> > bobm_epson@yahoo.com writes:
> >
> > as quted from  quote from the Byte response:
> > << Epson stated to me very clearly that the
> problem only
> >  occurs with the Gloss paper, and that the dyes
> they
> >  use are the same ones they used in the previous
> >  printer models. >>
> >
> > So- WHAT IS AN 875/1270 in the first place? a
> slightly finer nozzled "ink
> > delivery system" with the mark of the beast
> (tongue in cheek, read: CHIP)
> > delivering the same old crap? so when they get
> their paper act together, we
> > can , if the above is correct, achieve the same
> "archival" goals claimed for
> > 870/1270, using any epson color printer with epson
> ink carts and the magical
> > matte paper??????

The statement, as reported by Byte, is clearly
preposterous.  The Epson 750 on EPP is rated by
Wilhelm at 2 years.  The Epson 870/1270 on EPP is
rated at 6 to 7 years.  Same inks?  As Mr. Spock would
say:  "That's not logical."

=====
Bob Meyer
Youth and talent are no match for age and treachery.

http://home.cox.rr.com/meyerfamily/epson/epson.html