Re: Update on Robert Krawitz' 4 & 6 colour Epson x70 tests

--- J Collins <greydog@greypaint.com> wrote:

> In re the black degradation;  why do you conclude it
> is the black turning
> brown and not the cyan component of black fading and
> leaving a brown color
> which would happen if you mixed dark gray, magenta
> and yellow.  Photoshop
> and other image editors define black (in color mode)
> as a mix of dark gray
> (the black ink) and the three primaries, cyan,
> magenta and yellow.
> Other four color process (gum bichromate etc.)  also
> make black from the
> three primaries and the black pigment.  Three color
> processes (dye transfer
> etc.) create black from three primaries only.

I can't address Kennedy's images, since I haven't seen
them.  But I've gotten brown shift on gray scales
printed with the "black only" ink setting in the Epson
driver.  You can see it on my web site, below.

=====
Bob Meyer
Youth and talent are no match for age and treachery.

http://home.cox.rr.com/meyerfamily/epson/epson.html