Byte magazine article on orange shift

For those of you tired of this, I apologise.  For
those still interested, Byte has an article on the
problem where they basically swallow the Epson PR
hook, line and sinker.  It's at:

http://www.byte.com/feature/BYT20000926S0001

I sent a note the David Em, and received the following
response.  I urge anyone with orange shifted prints on
papers other than PGPP to send samples to David:

Bob

Thanks for your note.

Obviously, this is an ongoing story. While I've given
Epson a chance to respond to their accusers, I've also
included caveats as to their responses. So far, I've
not had any fading occur with prints I made with  an
875
printer on the Premium Gloss paper two months ago, so
I've not experienced the problem personally,
though I've no doubt it exists, since Epson's recalled
the paper.

Epson stated to me very clearly that the problem only
occurs with the Gloss paper, and that the dyes they
use are the same ones they used in the previous
printer models. I've asked other readers to send me
samples of observable shifts that have occurred with
other papers.  I try to write about things I've seen
with
my own eyes or experienced directly with my own tests.

If you or others in your circle can send me sample
strips (I'm especially interested in the Archival
Matte)
that show a clear color shift, I will write about it
on the site.

Regards,

David Em

Byte Media Lab