Re: 1270 Cartridge experiement

Alan Womack wrote:

> What couple pieces of electronics, etcc could I use to disrupt the write power going to the chip but not its ability to read the chip?

As the other post mentioned you might (I'd almost bet on it) run into
issues of verification. Also there are likely 50 to 100 possible designs
of flash memory that Epson got to choose from. Visit your local
distributors with a large trunk and pickup about 200 pounds of manuals.
Then read through the specs on the chips and the application notes. Now
try and guess which they used. Remember it may be marked with
non-standard markings just because Epson asked them to do it. Now figure
out how to defeat the write cycle. Typically you'll get something like
strobe, command, address, data, DOIT, verify, report status. All done
serially via one or two signal lines. With the "rude" voltage being
timed with the DOIT. And if the "rude" voltage is on the +V line then
you can't just break the line, you have to clamp the voltage, and
intercept the verification status with your own. And Epson may have just
had the chip custom designed. Have fun. It would be easier to have the
chips duplicated, if a standard part, and as part of a CIS system
include 100 throw away chips. When it says done, put in another.
-
GOSHAWK - Hawk Mtn Art Papers-economical, 100% cotton, coated fine art paper
in sheets & 44" rolls. Ideal for brightly colored fine art reproductions
Free samples (Limit 500) http://www.hawkmtnartpapers.com/goshawk.htm