Re: Matchlock I, some papers, grayscale

Well, Nina, from my recollection of the Pompidou, the "seascapes" you
describe are highly appropriate hangings in what I consider to be something
of a sham architectural design: not sure whether the architect had his or her
tongue in cheek or was simply sticking it out at a gullible public. Not to
start the first 21st-century Franco-American art war, but I give the MOMA
much higher marks for both design and content than anything I have seen at
the Pompidou.

Bernie

Nina Contini Melis wrote:

> Tyler,
>
> Love that tboley sense of humour! Wish you always had a post in the
> morning's first Epson digest so I could start each day with a laugh.
>
> >Wanna buy a limited edition Gyclee print of a square of little squares
> >of color? It's quite transcendent.
>
> Better idea (shamelessly copied from a very enterprising local artist).
> Mat and frame several MatchLock target prints, give each a number and
> exhibit in a chic gallery on a bare wall, one next to the other. Would be
> quite the latest fashion in art and you could sell the "installation" for
> thousands of $$. Give it an abstruse name.
>
> I kid you not. Last year saw something similar in an important gallery
> here in Paris. The guy had framed 40x50cm colour photos of the sea - just
> the water and flat skyline about 2/3rds up the paper. Not even very good
> photos. They looked like they were taken with a point and shoot. There
> were five of them I think, all alike, all in a row...and two or three of
> them were later included in last January's huge re-opening show (after a
> year and a half's building restoration/remodelling) of the Centre
> Pompidou museum - the Paris equivalent of MOMA. Now is that a great con
> game or is my proverbial age showing?
>
> Cheers
>
> Nina
> -

http://ir.clubphoto.com/bernard198799/

[Photo]     [Yosemite News]    [Yosemite Photos]    [Scanner]     [Gimp]     [Gimp Users]