Re: Matchlock I, some papers, grayscale

On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, Dave King wrote:

> Rafe, does the HP you've had success with turn off the cyan sky problem
> completely?  The reason I ask is when I was experimenting with making profiles
> on the Agfa at different settings, the other profiles all had the intense cyan
> sky, and usually more overall contrast.  The difference between the 'cyan sky'
> settings and the one setting resulting in neutral blues isn't particularly
> subtle either, which makes me think there may be a common condition in these
> cases Matchlock doesn't like.  Just wish we knew what it is.  Perhaps one of
> you engineering types will figure it out.  <G>

I'm not sure I understand your question entirely, Dave,
or the hypothesis you propose.

Yes, in general, the profiles made using the HP-4c at work
do eliminate the cyan-sky problem.

In all fairness, the problem may not be unique to
Matchlock, since I had some of the same issues with Wiziwyg.

Is it my "workflow" ?  If so, why do two scanners
fail consistently, and why does the HP consistenly
make decent, useable profiles?

rafe b.

-