Re: Question re small black marks with Epson 1270

Hi C-

What you are seeing is probably where some ink has 'over sprayed' and left
some splotches on the (a) rollers (b) underside of head carriage ... there
is a proceedure for cleaning this off, but many have reported good results
with the Epson cleaning mats ... the other proceedure is not for the 'faint
at heart' (and since I just re-joined, I do not now which you might be ;-)
but essentially, using Isopropyl Alcohol (highest % you can get is probably
at the pharmacy) and a paper towell (the kind that DOESN'T leave fibers
behind, of course) you can carefully and gently wipe down the inside of the
head compartment ...

try alan's excellent site ...

http://home.att.net/~arwomack01/

Ann Ketron