Re: Re:lamination

<x-charset iso-8859-1>I have a Krylon (3M relabeled) cold laminator.  I suspect the paper was not
fed quite correctly into the laminator.  Also if you try to change the feed
alignment after you've started you will definately get a crease.   I too
have noticed that the laminated print is not exactly 'flat' after going
through the laminator. I think it is due to the fact that the laminate is
being applied when the paper is literally 'in the wringer' (us old folks
know what that means...  polling question: how many have had their hand or
arm caught in their mom's washer wringer ! :)  Also I suspect the laminate
is stretched when put on rolls when made.    My prints have flattened now,
so I don't think it is a permanent condiditon.  Problem for me is, I don't
like the thick visible laminate it uses (too 'plasticy') and it tends to
have 'micro bubbles'.   I'm hoping the thinner invisible laminates are/will
be made for these laminators.    For refills, go to Sam's Club (they are
about $20 for the cartridges).
The Krylon will take heavier stock as it is almost a straight path through,
so mounting it on thin cardboard can't hurt and would probably 'wring it
out' better.

Charlie

> I tried to laminate a Premium gloss on someone cold laminate machine where
> you crank it thru. The paper folded over and there is a big crease in it
now.
> Also after it went thru the laminating machine it was no longer flat. I
was
> thinking of laminating it with a piece of thin card board glued to the
back.
> Comments?

-

</x-charset>