Contacted by Epson!

I was contacted by a very nice lady named Beryl on the phone this morning
about the Epson 1270 color shifting problem!

She said they are very aware of the problem and are
currently working on it. She did say it might take some time to
identify and correct the problem, though. In the meantime, she offered
to refund or exchange any Epson Premium Glossy Paper that I had AND
she is sending me two color and two black cartridges. She was also
very interested in how some of the other glossy papers are holding up
with the 870/1270 printers. She said it was definitely not a problem
with the printer or the ink. She categorically stated it was a problem
with the paper. However, I don't see how it can be entirely the paper
since some of the other glossy papers have also exhibited the problem
(Tetenal, etc).

I told her that it would be disappointing if a solution to this
problem could not be found before the relative life span of this
printer is expired. Since the 870/1270 produce such fine photographs,
I would be willing to continue using the printer if this problem could
be resolved. Otherwise I will be forced to buy the "next best thing"
and take a hit with the 1270. If that happens, I will certainly be
very wary of the claims of Epson!

I was impressed that Epson actually contacted me by phone, so I will
give them the benefit of the doubt in this situation.  But if the
problem isn't fixed in a *reasonable* amount of time (I would say a
few months at most), then I will not be satisfied at all.

After all, like others have said on here, what good is a glossy paper
when you have to keep it framed or in an album?  The attractiveness of
the glossy paper is being able to hold it, feel it, and pass it around
to impress your family, friends, clients, etc...

Travis

-