T009/1270 Ink Cartridge Question

Upon replacing the color ink cartridge on my new 1270 for the first time,
I got a strange error message from the printer.

The cartridge I was replacing was the one that shipped with the printer
(T009), and the one I was replacing it with was a fresh Epson T009.  The
error message I received, however, was that the new cartridge was not the
same type as the previous one and that my colors would vary.  Has anyone
ever seen this?

The other oddity I noticed was that the prints (on Premium Glossy) were
very saturated right out of the printer, and then became less so after a
few minutes of drying (less color contrast and much cooler).  This may
have escaped me before, because I had been printing some very colorful
images, but the new prints were of a much subtler nature.

As a matter of fact, I had accidentally covered half of one print with
another, and the effect was starkly noticeable in the two halves of the
print.

Tony

Anthony R. Sanna
Vice-President