From: owner-epson-inkjet@leben.com
[mailto:owner-epson-inkjet@leben.com]On Behalf Of Sdmey4@aol.com
Sent: 04 July 2000 17:31
To: epson-inkjet@leben.com
Subject: Re: Epson 740 and printing B&W

In a message dated 07/04/2000 9:04:14 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
mike@efikim.compulink.co.uk writes:

<< There are a number of black and white inks and cartridges available for
the
 740. I'm trying the MIS inks on my 740, but am not entirely happy - the
 different densities have different tones.

 mike >>
Mike!
Using a 4 tone printer is the right idea. Unfortunately the inks have to be
partitioned into individual channels to get smooth tonal renditions. This
requires complicated manual CMYK separations or an easy method in the form
of
J. Cones Piezo driver available for the 3000 and 1160 printers. Putting
someone else's ink in your 740 is unlikely to make you happy. With alot of
work you can get that 740 to make beautiful quatone prints. But be prepared
for a long hall. In The long run it would be cheaper and faster to get
Cone's
Piezo system for the 1160.
Steve M.
-