Re: I killed some Premium Gloss Prints today with spray

metphoto@pacbell.net wrote:

> Rich,
>
> Save your time at the Home Depot.  Your best bet is to fine a professional photographic supplier,
> either a retailer or lab.  Many labs carry either the Lacquer-mat or Sureguard sprays.  Either
> will provide adequate protection from UV and pollutants.

Thanks for the tip Michael.  I was thinking about water based Varathane as it is a very clear and
non yellowing polymer which I have used on wood (cabinets and furniture.) I even have some kicking
around in a quart can but it's not worth the clean up after using the spray gun unless I'm going to
do a lot of spraying.  I have no idea how it would react to the prints... or should I say how the
prints would react to it.  I was also going to try some Krylon products but I think you are probably
right in that the products designed for print spraying are a better bet, even though, probably more
expensive.

All of this will of course invalidate the Wilhelm figures but under the circumstances I think it is
worth a try.  I don't want to have to frame everything I sell... which is the recommended way and
IMO these prints shouldn't be handled without some protection.  The matte prints in particular are
vulnerable to marring and could not be cleaned, though I do like the look, especially the velvety
look of an all black background.

<warm smile>  Rich

-