Re: Ilford Paper

> Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 10:55:07 -0700
> From: lynda mcgraw <mcgraw@massed.net>
> Subject: Re: Ilford Paper
>
>> Has anyone out there tried using Ilford Inkjet Photo paper to print with a
>> 1270?
>>

> Yes.  Unsatisfactory.  Bronzing (I think it's called) with the black ink.
>
> Lynda

Lynda:
Bronzing is a common phenomena when so much ink is applied to the paper,
that it can't properly absorb it. Epson paper has the capacity to absorb
huge amounts of ink. When using third party papers like Ilford, you need to
experiment a bit with the "paper setting", that would apply less ink. Also,
if you pay attention to the information sheet in the box, if bronzing
continues to be a problem, reduce the "black" levels to reduce the amount of
ink laydown.

John Nollendorfs
Lincoln Ink & Paper, Co.

-