Sprays on prints was Epson 1270 chip/guarantee

PhotoRoy6@aol.com wrote:

> No the UV spray doesn't do anything to the matte. My next step is to try a
> gloss spray on the matte paper. I have sprayed thermal wax matte prints with a
> gloss or semigloss spray and they have become glossy. The blacks really
> pick up when sprayed and give the pictures a lot of feeling of depth. I never
> got a super gloss finish like the Premium gloss paper produces but  got more a
> finish like the photo paper. My feeling is that the detail will still be better
> on the Premium Gloss paper but if it turns orange my customers won't like me.
> If the sprayed matte works well enough then I would have better color depth on
> a 25 year paper.

Thanks for your reply.  I think I will take some of the Premium prints and matte
prints that I have and see how the glossy spray looks on them.  I know it will
void the Wilhelm tests but it should take care of the Ozone problem.

I seem to recall Michael Greer has done a lot of spraying on his prints.  I don't
recall which printer, paper ink combo he was using though.   I wonder if he has
any recommendations?
Michael, if you see this, you might feel some gratification since you were being
criticized for this practice.  ;-)  Maybe Epson could come up with a
recommendation for this though it might take a while since doing it properly
would involve doing some Wilhelm tests with different sprays on Premium paper.
If they could come up with a spray that doesn't shorten the life of the print and
doesn't detract from the appearance, I would be satisfied with this solution for
me.

<warm smile>  Rich

-